As the broadcast industry continues to migrate toward IP and its inherent efficiencies, customers with less complex systems or space constraints do not have to make compromises when it comes to on-air and signal transport functionality.
Selenio MCP also delivers an on-ramp/off-ramp solution for conversion of SDI signals to IP streams and IP to SDI signals, allowing continued use of existing infrastructure for a phased, disruption-free transition to IP, while supporting hybrid domains.
- Combined IP and baseband workflows in a single, flexible platform, providing a high-density, space-saving processing solution
- Intuitive web-based GUI, offering easy management and control
- Integrated, seamless redundancy, supporting signal processing, compression and routing for critical broadcast paths
Selenio MCP3 and Selenio MCP1:
- Video processing, advanced audio processing, compression and multiplexing in a single, flexible platform with intuitive graphical management tools
- Audio and video multiplexing and demultiplexing for compressed streams
- MPEG-2 and H.264 compression standards are supported from SD and HD to 3 Gb/s and mobile
- Inputs/outputs include analog video/audio, SD-SDI, HD-SDI, AES audio (balanced, unbalanced), fiber optics, Ethernet for control and IP video, ASI and serial data
- Standard support for thumbnails, customizable alarms and MPEG-4 streaming
- Integral fan cooling with front-to-back primary airflow; designed to support full load at 40° C ambient with no thermal stacking limitations
- Direct Ethernet connectivity (1000Base-T for control/monitoring, 1000Base-T for data) to the frame with optional redundancy
Imagine Communications, empowering the media and entertainment industry through transformative innovation, has supplied the core infrastructure, including a powerful multi-format router, for a radical new outside broadcast truck built by Italian production company Cinevideo. The new truck’s innovative design allows Cinevideo to serve the most demanding of today’s requirements, while being ready for the IP future.
Download Data Sheet and Available Options/Modules