See how Discovery deploys Landmark Sales as a managed service as part of their continued effort to virtualize broadcast and global infrastructure operations
In today’s world, media and entertainment companies are increasingly looking to a cloud-based approach to critical technologies for more flexibility and faster time to market, and for building the foundation of a strong business continuity strategy.
By moving our products into the cloud, Imagine delivers significant business and operational benefits while allowing our customers to focus on business and transformation strategies as they evolve into digital media companies.
The introduction of Imagine’s Managed Services offering provides a fully packaged service where Imagine hosts, secures, maintains and provides 24/7 support for customer applications in Imagine environments, enabling media companies to count on consistent costs and reduce risk and total cost of ownership as compared to an on-premises deployment.
The Imagine Managed Services offering is comprised of three options:
- Remote Management (RM) – The Managed Services team can remote manage / administer the applicable Imagine instance and associated database. As a user, you would purchase the license and support separately – and host the Imagine instance yourself.
- Managed Services (MS) – The Managed Services team will host and manage the Imagine instance and associated database. License and support are purchased separately.
- Software as a Service (SaaS) – This is an all-inclusive offering, including a single subscription price for software, support, solution hosting, administration, upgrades / updates, etc.
|Remote Management (RM)||Managed Service (MS)||Software as a Service (SaaS)|
|Costs||Management of the application and DB layer. License, Maintenance and Support purchased separately.||Management of the entire solution stack included (HW, Application, DB). License, Maintenance and Support purchased separately.||Management of the entire solution stack included (HW, Application, DB). All-inclusive, single annual subscription price for Software, Maintenance and Support and Managed Services.|
|Software||Perpetual License||Perpetual License||Included|
|Infrastructure Required to Run Landmark Sales Application||Customer’s Responsibility||Included||Included|
|SLA||99% availability during business hours – SLA for Imagine software availability only||99% availability during business hours – SLA for overall solution environment||99% availability during business hours – SLA for overall solution environment|
|SW Support & Access to Upgrades/Updates/Patches||Via CARE/Support – Patches/updates included. (Upgrades require additional license fee.)||Via CARE/Support – Patches/updates included. (Upgrades require additional license fee.)||Included|
|Overall||Good value, noting RM cost only includes the management of the Imagine application and associated DB|
Middle-of-the-road option, where MS provides the environment and management to run the Imagine application
License and Maintenance/Support contracted separately.
|Projected as the most cost-effective option for Imagine applications (software, infrastructure, maintenance and support, and managed services – all at a single subscription price)|
Moving to an Imagine Cloud-based Managed Service:
- Reduces costs / delivers overall TCO improvement
- Allows you to focus on Your core business activities
– and not managing Imagine infrastructure and applications
- Removes difficulties finding / holding on to qualified subject matter experts (SMEs)
- Frees up IT SMEs to focus on other activities / strategic projects / focus on their “day job”
- Delivers innovation via technical upgrades included with the Managed Service
- Offers a disaster recovery (DR) option for ensuring business continuity
Ready to make a move to the Imagine cloud? With a Managed Service in place, you can focus on the demands of your business and not on the management of your infrastructure and applications.
Reach out to your local account manager for more on our Managed Services.