The pioneering and proven Selenio 6800+™ has been a popular modular signal processing platform with broadcasters around the world for well over a decade. Available with a range of cost-effective, single-purpose modules spanning the breadth of SDI processing, distribution, video conversion and frame sync to a range of fiber optics solutions, the platform also offers audio processing capabilities.
Whether you're handling audio, video or data, there’s an affordable and reliable Selenio 6800+ processing solution designed to meet your specific needs.
- Maximize space and cost efficiencies with high-capacity architecture in a 2RU frame
- Broad product portfolio supports a variety of applications and formats
- Fiber solutions reliably transport high-bandwidth signals over any distance with pristine quality
- Effortless setup and configuration enabled by field-proven control and monitoring options
Selenio 6800+™ Frame
- Direct Ethernet connectivity (10/100Base-T) to the frame, allowing reduced slot space and device control by SNMP third-party, HTTP Web browser and CCS™ applications
- Module communication via an internal high-speed data bus for thumbnail and enhanced alarm monitoring on Q-SEE™-compliant modules
- Capacity to hold up to 20 single-slot modules or equivalent, in any combination of module types
- Support for a wide array of input/output types, including analog video and audio, 3G\HD\SD\ASI-SDI, AES audio (balanced and unbalanced), fiber optics, Ethernet, serial data and RF
- Hot-swappable front and back modules with front access
- Backward-compatibility with all modules that operate on Selenio 6800+ QXF, XF and DM frames
- Light weight for outside broadcast applications
- Full Q-SEE support, including thumbnails, customizable alarms, waveform and vectorscope monitoring, and MPEG-4 streaming, for up to eight external inputs via the QSEE6800+HST module
- Frame video genlock loop, high-performance passive loop-through
- Support for two hot-swappable, redundant power supplies, each independently able to handle the complete frame power load (120 W); AC and DC power supplies can be mixed within one frame
- Integral fan cooling with front-to-back primary airflow designed to support full load at 122° F (50° C) ambient, with no thermal stacking limitations
- A variety of control methods to suit every operational environment: card-edge, CCS Navigator (PC-based control over Ethernet), HTTP Web browser, or third-party control systems via published SNMP MIBs for Selenio 6800+ modules
Ready to see what your processing solution can look like? Try out our easy-to-use configuration tool. Pick a platform, view the modules, and populate a frame to find out what your options are for a viable system.
Imagine Communications, empowering the media and entertainment industry through transformative innovation, today announced that it has provided Taiwanese broadcaster Formosa TV with an end-to-end playout solution at the broadcaster’s new transmission control centre in Taipei. The installation, designed and managed by local systems integrator Interactive Digital Technologies, is designed to provide Formosa TV with a reliable and high-performance infrastructure to support both current and future playout and distribution operations.
Imagine Communications, empowering the media and entertainment industry through transformative innovation, has implemented a robust playout system at Alrai TV, the premium family entertainment satellite service based in Kuwait. The system integrates with existing islands of operations, provided by Imagine Communications in the past, covering production, news and playout. The result is a tightly integrated, fully resilient end-to-end solution.
Download Data Sheet and Available Options/Modules