Selenio™ Network Processor (SNP) is the industry’s first pure-IP media processing platform, supporting uncompressed UHD based on SMPTE ST 2110. This high-density, scalable platform enables media companies to seamlessly transition from SDI to all-IP networks, while adhering to the SMPTE ST 2022-6 and ST 2110 standards.
The standards-based SNP interoperates with Imagine’s other UHD- and IP-ready solutions, as well as with commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) IP switches, providing media companies the flexibility to work with a variety of technology suppliers for a seamless end-to-end production workflow.
- Implement a fully scalable, future-ready, standards-based IP production or playout system
- Carry UHD Native (single streams) over ST 2110-20 IP video for simple routing and clean-switching
- Reduce operational complexity with multiple processing functions in one compact frame
- Transition smoothly from a hybrid to full-IP network
- Access agile and flexible processing capabilities for different events and applications
- Incorporate UHD in end-to-end IP production workflows
- ST 2110-20 Video
- ST 2110-30 PCM Audio
- ST 2110-31 AES3 Transparent Transport
- ST 2110-40 Data
- ST 2022-6 SDI over IP
- ST 2022-7 seamless protection switching of IP streams
- ST 2022-8 timing of ST 2022-6 streams in ST 2110 systems
- NMOS IS-04 discovery and registration
- NMOS IS-05 device connection management
- UHD over single ST 2110-20 stream
- UHD over 12G-SDI or Quad-SDI (2SI and SQD)
- HD/3G and UHD clean and quiet switching
- IP to SDI mode
- SDI to IP mode
- IP to IP mode
- Frame synchronization to PTP with adjustable output phasing and delay
- Video proc amp, frame delay, and color correction
- Audio proc amp and delay adjustment
- 4 independent processing blocks for various operations (synchronization, conversion, UHD remap of SQD/2SI)
- HD/3G/UHD up/down/cross conversion (licensed option)
- HD Proxy (as separate 1080i or 1080p ST 2110-20 stream) for UHD signal monitoring (licensed option)
- SDR/HDR (HLG, PQ, S-Log3) conversion (licensed option)
- MADI Audio Processing (via optional SFP) (licensed option)
- Audio embedding and de-embedding between SDI, ST 2022-6, and ST 2110
- Flexible channel support of audio IP streams
- Basic frame rate conversion (add/drop frame) in Conversion personality
- Sharpness control in down conversion
- On screen display (text overlay)
- Preset save/recall
- Black Burst (BB) output generated, synchronized to received PTP timing
- Dual QSFP28 Flexible Ethernet up to 100GbE
- 32 HD-BNC (8 are 12G capable) connectors for SDI I/O
- I/O Expansion via SFP (MADI, 3G coaxial and optical)
- Redundant power supplies in single assembly or hot-swappable independent units
- Front-serviceable main processing board and power supply
SNP is optimized for UHD production via redundant 100-Gigabit data connections capable of delivering eight uncompressed UHD signals in each direction — improving overall efficiency and power-consumption, while preserving picture quality and system latency.
SNP also provides critical synchronization and integration of signals into the production environment, ensuring interoperability with all other standards-compliant equipment.
Along with powerful, IP-enabled video processing, SNP offers all the capabilities required in today’s complex production environments, including audio processing, color space adjustments and HD-UHD up-, down- and cross-conversion, as well as High Dynamic Range (HDR) adaptations and conversions required for integrating UHD and HD signals.
Ideal for fast-paced mobile live production, SNP features four integral processing blocks, each of which can be assigned a separate application and reprogrammed on the fly. The multipurpose nature and quick-configuration capabilities of the SNP significantly reduce equipment requirements and enable production companies to respond to the demands of the current job, and then quickly reconfigure to tackle future assignments.
When tpc’s UHD1 hit the road, this leading Swiss service provider became the first to broadcast a live sports event from a SMPTE ST 2110, full-IP, uncompressed UHD HDR OB truck.
North Point Ministries has linked three of its seven church campuses across metropolitan Atlanta using high-speed IP connectivity to provide shared, immersive experiences. Central to the collaborative network is a high-speed Cisco data network, designed by technology solution provider World Wide Technology (WWT), with five Imagine Communications Selenio™ Network Processors (SNP) providing video and audio processing and an interface between SDI and SMPTE ST 2110 standards-based IP.
MultiChoice, the largest satellite broadcaster in Africa, is responding to rapidly growing customer demand for superior content by building a new playout centre. The new facility is the first stage of the broadcaster’s transformation from traditional video playout to leading-edge IP transport and modular playout technology, providing for greater business agility, technical and operational flexibility and a reduction in the total cost of ownership (TCO). This allows for an improved consumer experience and ensures faster speed to market with new broadcast offerings.
Swiss production and broadcast company tpc, part of the major Swiss public media business SRG SSR, is building a news, sport and technology center in Zurich. This all-IP center, built around the SMPTE ST 2110 family of standards, will use the Selenio™ Network Processor (SNP) from Imagine Communications to provide advanced IP-to-IP video and audio processing, as well as conversion between legacy SDI feeds and equipment and the newly built IP infrastructure.
Imagine Communications is providing the critical processing, monitoring and management technology underpinning a new, state-of-the-art UHD and IP-based production infrastructure at QVC Japan. The new facility, which supports uncompressed HD and UHD signals based on the SMPTE ST 2110 standards, enables the global shopping channel to significantly enhance the buying experience for Japanese viewers through the adoption of a software-based infrastructure that uses commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) equipment.
Need to sell your CFO on the advantages of migrating to IP? This run-down of the top 7 business-improving benefits will help you make the case.
Download Data Sheet