Imagine continues to build on its globally deployed IP processing platform, optimizing the award-winning, standards-based Selenio™ Network Processor (SNP) to also deliver a production multiviewer, SNP-MV.
The SNP’s multiviewer personality can be mixed and matched with the already available Synchronizer, Remap, and Conversion personalities, transforming the SNP from a single-function product into a flexible production ecosystem platform of essential tools — ready for whatever the next production requires.
- Delivers enhanced production agility through low-latency operator interaction
- Enables integration of HDR and SDR images to same display — in HDR or SDR
- Provides unmatched flexibility — easily reconfigure SNP for different events, from a multiviewer on some productions to providing additional processors at others
- Integrates with industry-standard Tally/UMD and routing protocols, including NMOS IS-04/05
- Each processor supports up to 9 input signals rendered into one or two UHD displays
- SNP internal processors can be ganged to support up to 36 PiPs on one display
- Extremely low latency from input to display — typically one frame-time
- Native IP inputs and output in SMPTE ST 2110 and/or SMPTE ST 2022-6
- SDI inputs and/or outputs support, including 12G SDI for UHD signals
- Full 10-bit processing pipeline, including HDR-aware color space conversions
Each SNP production multiviewer (SNP-MV) processing section supports up to nine input signals at 1080p, 1080i, or 720p resolution. A smaller number of UHD input signals is also supported. The input signals can be delivered over IP using SMPTE ST 2110 or SMPTE ST 2022-6, or can be delivered to the MV over SDI.
Each input signal is scaled to the desired size and formatted into one of the two UHD displays — accompanied by tally lamps, borders, UMD text boxes, and other on-screen adornments. The input signal can also be mapped from its original color system (SDR-709, SDR-2020, or HDR) into the target display color system.
SNP-MV displays are always rendered at UHD resolution, and can be rendered in SDR or HDR (HLG, PQ, or Slog3) color systems. A reduced-resolution copy in 1080p or 1080i is also available, and this copy can be mapped to the SDR system even as the main display is in HDR.
Multiple internal processors can be simultaneously operated, enabling a single 1RU SNP to provide up to eight UHD display outputs. The personalities can also be aggregated to make larger displays — four UHD displays with up to 18 signals across each pair, or a single pair of UHD displays with up to 36 PiPs.
SNP-MV includes support for integration with Tally and UMD systems typically found inside a live production environment — these include Imagine’s Magellan™ SDN Orchestrator routing control system and the TSL5.0 tally/UMD protocol.
Download Data Sheet