April 30, 2020
This is an update to Imagine’s customer communication sent on March 19, 2020, and our continuing message to keep you informed of our plans and actions to support you during the COVID-19 pandemic.
All of us are adjusting to a new operating model in response to the Covid-19 pandemic and the global impact on our businesses and economies. This message provides an update on how that adjustment is going for Imagine and by extension for your businesses that we are supporting. Imagine’s approach to the pandemic has been to implement a plan that focuses on three main areas: ensure the safety and well-being of our employees, continue to support our customers, and to fulfill our business commitments and obligations. In short, Imagine has been successful in meeting all three objectives of its Covid-19 Business Continuity plan.
Employee Safety and Well-being
Continued Support of Our Customers
Imagine employees have demonstrated they can successfully support our customers remotely while working from home. Since the beginning of March, over 4,500 customer calls and inquiries were successfully closed by level 1 and 2 CARE support teams. More than 145 customer projects were successfully closed or are actively being managed by the Professional Services teams during this same period. The level 3 support team from R&D has also resolved 100’s of technical issues across all products. The Imagine team has also leveraged technology to provide 12 training sessions remotely, to customers and to our own employees. They have even worked remotely with some of you to conduct business surveys as you prepare to implement new Imagine applications. And some recent news, the Networking products team has created a web environment to demonstrate how to design, deploy and operate the Imagine products you know and trust, such as Selenio Network Processor, with your existing technology and workflow requirements. And the Imagine R&D team has been pioneering new techniques in the SAFe (SAFe = Scaled Agile Framework) product development arena. Out of necessity, the team successfully conducted a remote Program Increment (PI) Planning session so the development process would not be interrupted. They have shared this first of a kind experience in a white paper, “SAFe PI Planning During a Pandemic: Tips and Tricks from the Trenches”, for the SAFe community. Contact your Imagine sales representative to schedule a demo or get additional information on these topics. Our thanks go out to our employees for finding ways to continue to support you, and we would like to thank you and your teams for your cooperation as we work through these challenging times.
Like businesses worldwide, Imagine continues to take prudent management steps to respond to the impacts of the Covid-19 virus on our customers and suppliers while remaining poised to support your plans and needs once this pandemic has passed. The executive team continues to review our supply chains and ensure their stability and that they are ready and able to support your demands. The leadership and sales team will continue to be in contact with you, our customers, to understand your current and future plans, so we are prepared to support you when you are ready.
In summary, the past few months have been challenging for all of us, and I am proud of the Imagine team and how they have responded. We will continue to use our existing capabilities and emerging technologies to support you, your teams, and, ultimately, your customers.
If you have any questions regarding this communication, please contact Bob Divers at firstname.lastname@example.org
March 19, 2020
Transparent Remote Support
We have made plans for our employees to work from home if requested by government authorities or should employees request it for their own peace of mind. We have already implemented this option in a number of our global locations.
We have verified that Care support and Professional Services projects can continue as usual with remote support. Contingency plans have also been established to ensure that part shipments for RMA will continue even if employees have restricted movement in a specific location.
Our customers can reach us as they have in the past through the Imagine Communications contact numbers, and calls will be routed to the appropriate individuals transparent to the customer.
In keeping with governmental guidance and requirements, on-site support at your facilities may be impacted if travel has been forbidden in that location. If local restrictions or conditions prevent us from sending someone to your location, we will leverage all of Imagine’s remote support capabilities to continue providing you with the highest level of availability, performance, and security. As we will be verifying our remote support capabilities with a subset of customers, we may contact you to assist us in testing that portion of our contingency plan.
Additionally, our current company policy is that no employees that have been exposed to someone with a positive COVID-19 test, or with second generation exposure to someone with a positive COVID-19 test, will be allowed on an Imagine or customer site until they has self-quarantined for at least 14 days. We also have established back up support teams for those who may have to quarantine due to the above policy.
Imagine may also need your cooperation in establishing the system or network connections to accommodate these remote support alternatives. As those needs are identified, you will be contacted directly by your Sales or Support representative to request those arrangements.
From a product perspective, Imagine does not foresee any product supply issues. We will continue to monitor the supply chain, implement alternatives plans as appropriate, and update you if there are any changes that could impact your product availability.
While we feel comfortable that we have taken the appropriate steps to continue supporting you and your business, Imagine will keep monitoring the situation as it evolves, evaluate and test scenarios that could arise, and adapt our contingency plans to address those scenarios.
If you have any questions regarding this communication, please contact Bob Divers at email@example.com.
March 4, 2020
- Imagine has established the role of Business Continuity Executive, with cross-functional access to all resources necessary to maintain the company’s readiness. Mr. Bob Divers has assumed this role and reports directly to our CEO, Tom Cotney.
- We are implementing corporate travel restrictions in accordance with recommendations from government agencies — updating this policy as the ever-changing situation develops. This includes limiting all travel to essential personnel and activities in line with critical business priorities.
- We are conducting supply chain impact assessments, including supplies of equipment for our solutions, and also assessing potential impact to our R&D resources, contractors, and resellers. Our goal is to prevent surprises or interruptions to customer projects and to maintain current service levels across our entire product line, including special-purpose hardware, software product deliveries, customer care, and professional services enabling new product capability.
- All employees in the “chain of support” of our customers’ mission will be provided secure VPN access to the appropriate systems from home, should remote work become necessary.
- Over the coming weeks, we will test multiple scenarios against our current contractual commitments to continue our ability to provide remote, cross-continental support for every major product or service available from Imagine.
2. Does Imagine anticipate substantial impact to contractual service levels, supply chain, or product delivery?
- At this time, we see limited to no impact for orders of all products through Q1 of 2020; however, prolonged shutdown of factories in certain regions could affect supplies of select models of our Networking product line. Imagine will give immediate notification of any unforeseen delays due to our supplier impact as soon they are known.
- Also, at this time, we do not foresee interruptions to service levels for customer care contracts (Service Level Agreements) for any software or hardware product from Imagine.
- Imagine will continue to monitor for any impact from suppliers, contractors, and resellers and will update you as to any impacts.
- For general updates, you will receive communications from Bob Divers, Imagine’s Business Continuity Executive.
- For issues and concerns specific to your company, your Imagine sales or service representative will contact you.