We are committed to responsible recycling of our end-of-life products and urge you to join our cohesive e-waste movement.
IC Communications India Pvt. Ltd. has joined an authorized, tech-enabled, environmentally beneficial and socially responsible e-waste Producer Responsibility Organisation (PRO) Karo Sambhav for making recycling a way of life.
What is “E-Waste”?
Any discarded electronic appliances such as mobile phones, computers, laptops, printers, fax machines or even their parts, which have reached the end of their useful life are called “E-Waste”.
Where and how can you recycle your e-waste?
To recycle your waste electronic items, all you have to do is drop an email at email@example.com with details of each type of Waste Electrical or Electronic device and your city. You will receive a reply within 48 hours of your email with further details.
You may also call Karo Sambhav’s toll-free number dedicated to e-waste 1-800-212-1434.
Important dos and don’ts
- Dispose your e-waste only with responsible PROs/ Producer Take Back channels
- Don’t sell your e-waste to the informal sector
- Make sure that all your important personal and professional data you wish to keep is backed-up and removed from your device
- Don’t forget to remove your SIM and memory cards before dropping your phone into a collection point. Batteries and chargers and other accessories can also be recycled at these points
- Do not mix these products in your home dust-bins with other municipal waste
Going beyond just recycling
At IC Communications, we believe that our focus should not only be on responsible recycling, but also on awareness generation. Our PRO, Karo Sambhav, is creating awareness with bulk consumers of electronic waste through awareness events. We would also encourage our users to drop their e-waste at Karo Sambhav’s collection points.