Imagine Mobile Transcoding Solutions
Consumer demand for high-quality video streamed directly to their mobile devices anytime and anywhere is ushering in an era of PersonalizedTV® and driving operators to provide new services for mobile content consumption. The challenge for operators looking to play in this new arena is to figure out how to offer new mobile-optimized services of the same consistent high quality as their existing offerings, and how to integrate those services seamlessly into their existing video processing architecture.
The ability to immediately react to changes or congestion in network bandwidth is crucial for maintaining high video quality when distributing mobile video over an IP-based network. Imagine’s ICE Streaming System delivers the highest quality of experience available for mobile users while giving operators unprecedented amounts of scalability, flexibility and reliability when providing advanced video services for current and next-generation consumer devices.
- Video transcoding from multiple broadcast standards to a common MPEG-4/h.264 output
- Audio transcoding from multiple broadcast standards to myriad advanced audio codec (AAC) outputs
- Motion Adaptive Pixel Accurate De-Interlacing optimizes video quality for progressive displays
- Resolution scaling for multiple device types
- Fragmentation into Interchangeable Compressed Element (ICE) chunks
- Wrapping for various distribution channels (Microsoft Silverlight, Adobe Zeri, Apple HLS)
- HTTP Streaming delivers the content to the Content Distribution Network (CDN)
- Encryption and Digital Rights Management (DRM) to protect valuable content
- Adaptive Streaming client communicates with the server to coordinate appropriate ICE chunk for distribution