Imagine Broadcast Re-Coding and Transcoding Solutions
MORE CHOICES FOR CABLE, IPTV AND INTERNET TV DISTRIBUTION
Operators are constantly faced with the challenge of processing content from programmers that comes in multiple formats and are oftentimes incompatible with the distribution network. Whether the video codec or audio codec is wrong, the video rate too high or the picture too soft, operators need a solution that will effectively re-code or transcode source content for their specific network without sacrificing quality of customer experience.
The Imagine ICE Broadcast System is the industry’s most powerful multi-codec video processing platform, and allows operators to deliver the high video quality and stream reliability that subscribers demand while still maintaining control over their video delivery infrastructure.
The ICE Video Platform includes:
- Multi-codec video transcoding to adapt source streams for exact requirements of linear and switched digital broadcast systems
- CBR Coding and Clamping to support switched digital broadcast
- 50% more HD video in the linear or switched digital video (SDV) network
- Multi-device transcoding for adapting source streams to client devices
- Adaptive bit rate technology for HTTP streaming over unmanaged networks
- Encryption and Digital Rights Management (DRM) to protect valuable content
- ICE-VQA for 24/7/365 monitoring of delivered video quality
- ICE Illustrate® to correct for lost detail and contrast while maximizing image clarity
- Multiple platforms that provide options for both high-density and carrier-class service reliability
The ICE Broadcast System’s core technology is reliable, flexible and scalable. Newly introduced version 4.0 offers a smooth path from today’s traditional broadcast applications to tomorrow’s Internet and mobile services.
- Acquisition: Programs are sourced from satellite, over-the-air broadcast or direct fiber connections
- Video Re-coding or Transcoding: Matching the programming to the requirements of the network while ensuring the highest quality at any rate
- Audio Re-coding or Transcoding: Multiple broadcast standards are converted to myriad advanced audio codec (AAC) outputs
- HTTP Streaming: Delivers the content to the Content Distribution Network (CDN)
- Encryption and Digital Rights Management (DRM): Protect valuable content
- Redundancy: The highest degree of source, platform and output service redundancy to prevent live programming from going down
Monitoring: Ensures that the systems are 100% online all the time and provides actionable data to diagnose any source of service disruption