Imagine Adaptive Streaming Solutions
ANYWHERE, ANYTIME TV
The proliferation of mobile and wireless devices, Connected TVs, IP Set-top boxes and gaming consoles has ushered in a new world of PersonalizedTV® on demand to any device anywhere, and is leading the shift away from a broadcast model to a more consumer-controlled model for video delivery. Operators must rise to the challenge of meeting this paradigm by offering new IP-based services that give subscribers the quality, choice, convenience and flexibility they demand, while still maintaining control of and future-proofing their video delivery infrastructure.
When distributing video over an IP-based network, the ability to immediately react to changes or congestion in IP network bandwidth is crucial for maintaining high video quality. Imagine’s Adaptive Streaming solutions offer users the highest quality of experience available and give operators unprecedented amounts of scalability, flexibility and reliability when providing advanced video services for current and next-generation consumer devices.
- Video transcoding from multiple broadcast standards to a common MPEG-4/h.264 output
- Audio transcoding from multiple broadcast standards to myriad advanced audio codec (AAC) outputs
- Motion Adaptive Pixel Accurate De-Interlacing optimizes video quality for progressive displays
- Resolution scaling for multiple device types
- Fragmentation into Interchangeable Compressed Element (ICE) chunks
- Wrapping for various distribution channels (Microsoft Silverlight, Adobe Zeri, Apple HLS)
- HTTP Streaming delivers the content to the Content Distribution Network (CDN)
- Encryption and Digital Rights Management (DRM) to protect valuable content
- Adaptive Streaming client communicates with the server to coordinate appropriate ICE chunk for distribution